Social Worker, Home Health Per Diem
Company: CenterWell Home Health
Location: Otis Orchards
Posted on: November 19, 2023
DescriptionThe Medical Social Worker participates in the
interdisciplinary care provided to home health patients. The
Medical Social Worker functions to evaluate and develop a plan of
care personalized to fit the patient's emotional and social needs.
The Medical Social Worker provides direction and supervision of the
Social Worker Assistant as required and when involved in the
patient's plan of care. The Medical Social Worker works within
Kindred's company-specific policy and procedures, applicable
healthcare standards, governmental laws, and regulations.
- Assesses the patient's social and emotional state as it relates
to his or her illness or injury, needs for care and his or her
response to such treatment, and adjustments to care.
- Assesses any relationships of the patient's medical and nursing
needs in the home setting, financial resources, and available
- Provides any appropriate action to obtain available community
resources to assist in resolving issues that may be impeding the
- Instructs patients and families in treating and coping with
social and emotional response connected with Provides ongoing
assessment of patient and family needs and responses to
- Assists the physician and other health team members in
understanding the significant social and emotional factors related
to the patient's health Participates in the development and
periodic re-evaluation of the physician's Plan of Care for the
- Observes, records, and reports changes in patients' condition
and response to treatment to the Clinical Manager and the
Participates in the discharge planning process
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary care team in
care coordination activities and acts as a resource to other health
team members in the identification and resolution of patient
- Supervises instructs and evaluates the performance of the
Social Work Assistant (BSW) to assure that all medical social
services are provided to patients in compliance with Company,
government, and professional standards
- Maintains and submits documentation as required by the company
and/ or facility including any case conferences, patient/physician
community contacts, visit reports progress notes, and confers with
other health care disciplines in providing optimum patient.
- Masters or doctoral degree from a school of social work
accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Social Worker licensure in the state of practice; if required
by state law or regulation.
- A valid driver's license, auto insurance, and reliable
transportation are required.
- Proof of current CPR certification
- Minimum of one year of experience as a social worker in a
health care setting, home health, and/or hospice.
- Knowledge of and the ability to assist with discharge planning
needs, and to obtain community resources (housing, shelter,
funeral/memorial service arrangements, legal, information and
referral, state/federal financial and medication programs, and
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration.
- Ability to organize tasks, develop action plans, set
priorities, and function under stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours and travel locally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their
family members and at all levels of the organization.
- Maintains current licensure certifications and meets mandatory
continuing education requirements.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Valid driver's license, auto insurance and reliable
transportation.Scheduled Weekly Hours24Pay RangeThe compensation
range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for
full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting.
The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location
and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job
related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications,
etc. $52,500 - $72,225 per year Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc.
and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, "Humana") offers
competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being.
Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and
smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also
knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits,
Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k)
retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company
and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and
caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life
insurance and many other opportunities.
Keywords: CenterWell Home Health, Spokane Valley , Social Worker, Home Health Per Diem, Healthcare , Otis Orchards, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!